Email scam – We have been made aware of an email scam circulating that, ostensibly, offers to sell recipients an attendance list for the Show. Such a list is NOT compiled, and the YMRS Directors confirm that any attendee data that we do hold is not released to 3rd parties as we comply with data protection principles. As a further point this particular email illegally includes a copy of our registered trademark logo. Please forward any you receive to firstname.lastname@example.org (Post added 19th February 2023.)
9 Feb: (2) Updates on the Traders page. Web site link for London Road Models updated as we have been notified the existing link was obsolete and one for Metalsmith (Leeds)) added. The final change to mention is a deletion due to a trader’s withdrawal.
9 Feb: (1) A new Obituaries link page has been added. The actual obituaries are in a mix of places including placement within both the new and the old legacy sections, and also in individual blog posts. Sadly our most recent loss was one of our exhibitors and long standing friends of the Show. Roger Eliis.
1 Feb: A new to the York Show Trader added to the Traders page. Also on the same page an update to one of the existing entries as they are expected to be back for 2024.
23 Jan – Minor amendment to a layout’s ownership on the Layouts 2024 page. Confirming that the link bus service has been booked. The travel page to be updated in a few days time.
13 Dec: Layouts 2024 page updated. One minor change for the South Pelaw Junction entry. It is now correctly listed as being shown by the South Pelaw Junction Group.
29 Nov: Layouts 2024 page updated. One layout withdrawn and one layout added. Minor text revisions on same page.
19 Nov: As a result of the issue reported below of corrupted pages in the legacy part of the site the following pages have been rewritten and moved to the new format.
- Why take up railway modelling?
- Legacy layouts list – 2018
- Legacy layouts list – 2017
- Legacy layouts list – 2016
- Legacy layouts list – 2015
17 Nov: (1) Header graphic and QR code on the pre-paid tickets page both updated with the 2024 ticket sales link.
(2) All links and text across the site being checked during the coming days following the unexpected corruption bug recently discovered. [See 15 Nov (2) below.] The pages affected are the previous layouts at the show listings on the pages for 2015 to 2018. Those for earlier and later years are functioning correctly. Further legacy pages have also been discovered today with the same issue.
15 Nov:(1) Updates to the site made today –
- Layouts for 2024 – the provisional layouts line up now added.
- Provisional Demonstrators list added.
- Pre-paid tickets – some text rewrites. The prices and times were already live. The Box Office/Eventbrite link now live (replacement QR code still pending)
- The travel overview and the arriving by car pages given important updates. The reason is that the car parking situation for 2024 is under review as one of the adjacent stands to the venue is going to be rebuilt. Further updates will be made as and when details are finalised regarding the building work start dates and access routes etc.
(2) I found a display error today whilst looking for what year a layout was at York; some of the archived layout listings from previous years are corrupted. Looking at the page coding the data lines for each layout in the lists are present but a still to be traced coding corruption means the lists are not showing as intended. Not urgent but I will try to fix it – Web Manager.
14 Nov: A review of the site for 2024 is now commencing. The first minor change is already on the Traders page (A deletion). Please note two changes that will appear on the relevant pages soon:-
- Advance sales are being renamed as Pre-paid tickets – these have the early bird discount but will no longer provide entrance to the Show 15 minutes earlier. Holders can bypass the pay on the day door line.
- Car parking: As Easter is earlier this year we do not envisage a car parking clash with the car boot sale. The travel to the show page is to be rewritten once car parking for the event is confirmed.
12 July (3): Other page updates – The layouts at previous shows page has now had the link for the 2023 Layouts list added. This index list page is in our old html coded format as a replacement would be a major re-coding exercise of all the old archived pages.
The link to the current dates header also updated so that it is now correctly displaying the 2024 show dates. The Layouts 2024 page created and added to the menu; however, currently only as a work in progress place marker. The Traders, Societies and Demonstrators pages have also had their wording updated to reflect their between shows status.
12 July (2): As per the recent blog post the link to our Twitter posts has been broken due to changes to the App made by Twitter. We are attempting to find a workaround. We are still tweeting and our feed is at https://twitter.com/YorkMod
1 May (2): Within the site navigation menu a bug in the link back to the Home page has been discovered and fixed. The page existed and was loading correctly for readers arriving from an external (i.e. none YMRS page) but not if using the menu to move back to Home from pages within the site. Hopefully as no reader had reported it there it wasn’t a particular issue. My apologies for this – Website Manager.
1 May (1): Site header block updated for the next show in 2024. Other site updates to follow over the next few days as we begin to get the 2024 event planning under way. As our first Show Manager, the late Mike Cook, always stated including making it the title of his book of show reminiscences – “it is the Show that never ends”.